Blog post 2/24/18
What I really enjoyed seeing was the difference of Agamemnon’s
actions from book nine to book eleven. When Agamemnon fell to his knees in book
nine weeping in front of the people, it portrayed him to be a very weak man
despite the many times he considered himself so strong and courageous. It was
surprising to see how he made a complete turn in book eleven when he started
killing people in battle –truly showing a courageous side of him that I didn’t really
thing would be shown anytime soon. He is seen to be a great leader as well as
fearless warrior as he “wide powerful Agamemnon…as a lion seizes the innocent
young” (Book XI. Lines 107-113). This clearly shows a change, not only in
Agamemnon’s character, but the way I portray him, as well. In all, it was a
great surprise to see what other turns this book will have.
Comments
Post a Comment