Blog

So I just wanted to point something out first, and I'm sure it's obvious, but the names of the characters are funny and at first kinda hard to pronounce. For instance in Iliad1 line 22 and line 42,  one of the characters that I had trouble pronouncing their name was Agamemnon and from line 42 was Danaans. It really took me a good minute or two to figure it out. But yeah, at first I didn't even know how to being sounding out the names, so I hope I wasn't the only one who had a little trouble with the names.
Also, I would like to point out from Iliad1. 37-42, I found it interesting how the Old man prayed to Apollo but his praying sounded more to me as if he was demanding his god for help or to take action because he owed him one. As if he had always done favors for his gods now its only right for them to return a solid. And indeed he needs that help to get his daughter back but maybe he could've actually prayed, instead of being demanding. However, the Old man is desperate for his daughters return so I can also see why his prayer was more of an order to him.

Comments