Weekly Blog Post
Something that really caught my eye in the Illiad was this quote.. " Mother tells me, the immortal goddess Thetis with her glistening feet, that two fates bear me on to the day of death , If I hold out here and I lay siege to Troy , my journey home is gone , but my glory never dies. If I voyage back to the fatherland I love , my pride , my glory dies ..." . I found this quote interesting because basically Achilles's mother is telling him that fate is giving him two options . He can either live a short life but glorious life in Troy or return to Phthia and live on in old age but obscurity. However, I personally do not think that anyone can control fate. If something is going to happen, I believe it will happen no matter what decisions or routes you take throughout the course of life.
Comments
Post a Comment