Blog Post for 3/18

      As I read Book 22, I noticed that  pride played a major role in Hektor's character as he was about to go into the war. For example, Hektor states "But now my death is upon me . Let me at least not die without a struggle , inglorious ,but do some big thing first , that men to come shall know of it." This shows that even with death hanging over his head,, he still is prideful which dictates his actions. He does not  want to have a shameful death nor does he want the people to remember him as weak .

Comments

  1. I completely agree, pride plays a major factor because despite the fact that he KNOWS Achilleus will beat him in battle, he continues on to attempt to defeat him anyway. He does not want a shameful death at all, therefore if he were to back down, it would completely strip him of any honor he considered himself to have. Thus, his pride is a huge dictator of his actions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment