Weekly Post

Why is it is so significant for Achiles to tie Hector's corpse to his chariot and drag it along the dirt road? Was it necessary for him to do this? What impact did it make? It is one hero versus another hero. Can there only be one hero to rule them all?

Comments

  1. I feel as if he did that in order to avenge his dear friends body, since it was around Patroklos' body. It was a way to kind of say "I did this for you" to Patroklos since Hector did kill him. It wasn't necessary of course but maybe it was a way for Achilles to find peace? To seem like he was better and was able to kill Hector?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your comment Adrianna. I also feel like he did it to prove to Patroklos that he avenged his death because he was very special to him. Also, maybe Achilles thought doing all of that to Hectors corpse might have given him some type of satisfaction but his grief for his best friend was not letting him feel anything.

      Delete

Post a Comment