Blog 4/13

As I read the Philoctetes, I was constantly wondering what Neoptolumus was going to do. I believe that it is evident that Neoptolumus disagreed with Odysseus from the very beginning. As soon as Odysseus granted Neoptolumus the permission to talk bad about him in order to persuade Philoctetes, I knew that Neoptolumus' true colors would be shown. In my opinion there was a lot of truth behind the bad things Neoptolumus was saying about Odysseus, and at this instant I feel that Neoptolumus' stance on this situation was already decided whether or not he knew it.

Comments

  1. I completely agree. I was a little iffy about the whole decision Neoptolemus was going to make in the end, but I feel like there were instances where you could predict what was going to happen. It was kind of like a plot twist because it seemed like he was really going to steal Philoctetes' bow and arrow, but in the end he didn't. It definitely showed his true character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, the decision that Neoptolemus makes was a bit of a plot twist. However, in the end Neoptolemus would follow his own beliefs and not steal Philoctetes bow and arrow. this would also show what type of person Neoptolemus was in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. You always see someone’s true colors when it comes to making serious decisions . However , I think they were trying to play a little mind game on us as readers because it seemed as if he was going to steal the bow and arrow but then he didn’t. We first thought he was a character that wasn’t true to himself , but then he does a whole switch around and proves them wrong .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment