blog 4/13

While reading Philoctetes there were two things that stood out to me the most. The first things would be the character of Neoptolemus. In my opinion he was in the middle. In one side he wanted to do what Odyseus told him, in the other hand I feel like the story of Philoctetes got to him. In my opinion Neoptolemus changed a lot as the play went through. the second that that stood out to me was when Heracles came at the end of the play. I believe that he should've appeared since the beginning when Neoptolemus told Philoctetes the real reason why he was there. In the end Philoctetes was already on his way to the ship, Heracles just incureged him more to go with Neoptolemus. But would it be the same if Heracles would've entered when Neoptolemus told Philoctetes to go with them.

Comments

  1. I agree with what u said about hercules. he gave Philoctetes a little push to go out and fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the outcome wouldn't have changed much if Heracles came in the beginning. Philoctetes seemed to have a lot of fear and was easily persuaded by other characters. Philoctetes would have definitely gave in at any point seeing Heracles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment