5/4/2018
So with my Philoctetes paper, I'm still finding some evidence to build on. For now, here is an excerpt of what my intro might be.
After an incident involving a poisonous bite from a snake, Philoctetes, the wielder of Heracles bow, is left alone on an island (Lemnos) to fend for himself. With no aid or medicine, Philoctetes was in a state of agonizing pain and solitude for ten years straight. This tragic incident has damaged Philoctetes' physical and mental state, hindering Philoctete's ability to trust any being, especially Oddyseus. His inability to trust possibly jeopardizes the Greek's victory, for if they do not get the bow off of Philoctetes' possession, they will not win the Trojan War. Because of Philoctete's injured body, his ability to trust or help his comrades has weakened significantly.
If I'm honest, this is all I have so far. Of course, I have a lot more to add on to my intro, but I'm at a plateau. What else should I add here? If anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to comment down below. Thanks guys! (Side note, I sounded like a total YouTuber just now)
After an incident involving a poisonous bite from a snake, Philoctetes, the wielder of Heracles bow, is left alone on an island (Lemnos) to fend for himself. With no aid or medicine, Philoctetes was in a state of agonizing pain and solitude for ten years straight. This tragic incident has damaged Philoctetes' physical and mental state, hindering Philoctete's ability to trust any being, especially Oddyseus. His inability to trust possibly jeopardizes the Greek's victory, for if they do not get the bow off of Philoctetes' possession, they will not win the Trojan War. Because of Philoctete's injured body, his ability to trust or help his comrades has weakened significantly.
If I'm honest, this is all I have so far. Of course, I have a lot more to add on to my intro, but I'm at a plateau. What else should I add here? If anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to comment down below. Thanks guys! (Side note, I sounded like a total YouTuber just now)
This seems to be a good generalizing introduction to the rest of the paper. I would definitely confine any further summary to this. So far, there isn't much in this introduction that helps to introduce the argument, but this is as it should be. If you would, what do you think the structure of your argument looks like?
ReplyDelete