5/5/18
for the final I have been reading over Prometheus Bound to look for quotes or sections of the story to relate to topic one, howeve it's not going so well since I have no idea what quote to use. Usually I would read stories multiple times till I find a quote to use so im just going to keep looking.
In the mean time I have to start looking for research papers that are based on Prometheous Bound or how pain and pleasure is connected to the act of sympathy so I can add them to my outline
In the mean time I have to start looking for research papers that are based on Prometheous Bound or how pain and pleasure is connected to the act of sympathy so I can add them to my outline
I would scrap looking for secondary sources and research papers on pain and pleasure, or on Prometheus Bound. I'm interested in what *you* have to say about your understanding of Prometheus Bound, not what is in some scholarly journal, or on some grad student's blog. If you're having trouble finding places in the the text that deal with pain and pleasure, look at each instance where the Chorus wishes to hear more from Prometheus or Io, or places where the Chorus expresses disgust, revulsion, or fear at what is being recounted or said.
ReplyDeleteI think you should definitely focus on the chorus and the things they say towards other characters that may show you a sense of their interest in hearing the pain of others and how they sort of gain pleasure from it or even sympathize with it. I think focusing on the chorus is extremely helpful when reading through Prometheus Bound and using prompt #1.
ReplyDeleteI agree. I am doing the same topic as you and had trouble in finding quotations. I did what Adrianna said, look for the quotes involving the chorus.
ReplyDelete