Blog for 5/4

I started doing my outline for the final assignment, and it is going very well. I feel like it is much easier than just starting to write my own paper.
I chose to talk about topic one; how is pain and pleasure connected with the act of sympathy in the Prometheus Bound. I want to include my own opinion about what I think of pain and pleasure, but I do not want to overdue it. I feel like if I begin to talk about my own opinion, I will stick to that and forget about the actual topic.


Comments

  1. I feel that if your personal opinion supports your claim and can be backed up with textual evidence, it wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would limit personal opinion and anecdotal evidence until the conclusion, and I would severely limit how much space it takes in your paper. Try and understand what Aeschylus has to say about these themes, without relying too heavily on what *you* think about these themes. If you look at Aeschylus without trying to dissociate yourself from your own experience, you're probably going to miss Aeschylus' own ideas and how he decided to treat these themes in his tragedy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment