Blog post 5/4

One instance I am dedicating an entire paragraph to is when the chorus was insisting on hearing the pain that Io claims she is enduring or has endured. It seems to be a good point where the chorus sort of wants to know more about her, possibly to understand where she is coming from or just wanting to know more about her. Maybe they feel the need to ask her in order to sympathize with her? I feel this could be where pain and pleasure come in and the act of sympathy and their relationship altogether. The scene where Io meets Prometheus when he is tied up and she asks to hear about his story and his pains can go hand in hand with the relationship between pain, pleasure, and sympathy as well. I feel like I can go in depth with this scene altogether.

Comments

  1. This is an interesting series of questions: why do they wish to hear more from Io?
    - do they take pleasure in listening to her suffering, while they remain in safety and security?
    - do they desire knowledge of her circumstances so much that the pain is not enough to stop them?
    - do they *need* to gain more experience of Io's circumstances to "properly" sympathize with her? Do they sympathize with her AT ALL?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment