blog post

    I'm going to be discussing the first topic where Prometheus expresses his emotions about Zeus's ways as a God towards the chorus.  I think the act of sympathy is a charitable act because they are comforting Prometheus in this specific scene. After Prometheus says how he feels about Zeus , the Chorus responds ." I mourn your unfortunate fate  Prometheus .Shedding from my eyes a coursing flood of tears and I wet my tender cheeks with their moist streams. For Zeus, holding this unenviable power by self appointed laws, displays towards the gods of an overweening spirit."

Comments

  1. So, I take it you're going to be looking at the Chorus' extension of sympathy and curiosity to be charitable? This is an interesting approach, as it seems to defend the idea that sympathy and empathy are charitable, willfully beneficent actions. I'm interested in seeing how you defend this idea (if I'm understanding your idea correctly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quote you chose there fits perfectly in defending your argument. Of course, you will need to find other quotes to defend it, as well, however this truly shows that they are sympathetic towards Prometheus and comfort him with their words. Definitely elaborate on this quote and analyze it, giving details as to how sympathy is seen as charitable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment